Friday, November 13, 2015

What does it mean to be nice?


I work with little kids almost all of the time, so obviously I ask them a lot of questions.  Most of the time I ask them about their favorite movies, favorite things to eat, or what they want to be when they grow up, but last week I asked all of the kids in my swimming lessons what they think it means to be nice. With today's news about the violent attacks in Paris, it seems like a good time to talk about being nice to each other. So here is a little bit of advice from a couple of kids about what it means to be a nice person.  

"Ummm......sometimes I help my mom with stuff". 
-Abigail, age 4

"Yeah, sometimes I clean the TV room for my mom". 
-Oliver, age 4 

"If someone wants to play with you, you should say yes. 
And if someone falls down, you should help them up". 
-Lucas, age 6

"You should say nice things to people. And if you see
someone who looks like they're bored, you 
should ask them to play". 
-Ramsay, age 6 

"IF YOU FALL DOWN, YOU SHOULD HELP SOMEONE UP". 
-Anderson, age 4

"Ummm.........not saying pee or poop to someone". 
-Sophia, age 3 

"Being nice is just saying nice things!" 
-Lola, age 4



No comments:

Post a Comment