Sunday, October 26, 2014

Hannah goes to Beardapalooza


I have a not so secret love of facial hair. Well, I have a not so secret love of beards. For the most part i think mustaches are stupid, but I love me a good beard. Not that its a requirement or anything, there are plenty of clean shaven men that I find incredibly attractive. But if an already good looking guy can pull off an awesome beard? Yes please. So you can imagine my excitement when I found out that the 2014 World Beard & Moustache Championship was happening in Portland and it was on my day off. Of course I was going to go.

Oh my God, it went above and beyond my wildest dreams. Did you know there are multiple types of beards and mustaches, and they all have names?! The competition was divided into three groups; Moustaches Partial Beards and Full Beards. Then each of these groups was divided into subcategories. All in all, I think there were like 18 different types of beards and mustaches. Click on the links to learn all about the different types, because I am too lazy to type them out. It was awesome. On top of the actual competition, there were also vendors and there was even a seesaw that looked like a mustache. A free mustache ride, if you will. Basically, it was everything I didn't know was missing in my life, and I now aspire to someday be able to be a judge for the competition. It also gave me the excuse to yell "hit him with your beard!!!" a bunch of times, which doesn't happen very often. I took a ton of pictures (because duh), so enjoy!



This guy won the Garibaldi beard category, and actually ended up winning the grand prize trip to next year's championship in Austria. 






I admired his commitment to the product placement.  




This is an Imperial Partial Beard, in case anyone was wondering. 


Photobooths are always a crowd pleaser, especially when they involve fake facial hair. 


I really liked the guy in the red because his beard looked like a fan. 



SO MANY GOOD BEARDS. 


Gandalf the Grey and Gandalf the Gay 


I guess this guy is on Portlandia? 


See that thing that looks like a rope? THAT'S A BEARD. It almost touched the ground. 


Freestylin' their beards 


A really terrible picture of all of the winners to wrap it up. 








No comments:

Post a Comment