Monday, January 27, 2014

Just ignore the shit and try to catch a shark

I was cruising around the Internet today, and I made a stop over at The Bloggess, and she had a picture that basically said that you needed to open the closest book to you, open it and the first sentence on page 45 would describe your love life. Apparently it's a picture that's been floating around the interwebs. So I decide to try it.

The Book: "The Sex Lives of Cannibals" by J. Maarten Troost. (Random plug, this book is fucking hilarious. I highly recommend it. You're welcome Mr. Troost).

The line: "Yes I saw sharks, but I couldn't catch them."

Realization: I accidentally turned it to page 145. Whoops.

Actual line on page 45: "Survival on Tarawa, I decided, would depend on one's reaction to the absurd, and so I resolved to ignore the shit."

So I got not being able to catch the sharks and surviving by ignoring the shit. If that doesn't sum up my life (both actual and love) I really don't know what does.

If you decide to do this, let me know what the book is and what the line is. Because apparently blog conversations are what is supposed to be happening here. 

1 comment:

  1. I love then of of the sentence: Ignore the shit! So awesome. I have a nursing diagnosis handbook in front of me and it talks about delusions, so maybe my relationship is delusional? hahaha

    ReplyDelete