Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Well that's just fine.

Big things are happening in the life of Hannah. You ready?

1. Hot damn, I KILLED it in physical therapy today. I used the exercise bike for about 5 minutes. It sounds super lame, but I felt so badass, especially since it took me a little bit to even get my leg to make a full revolution. Once I finished up on the bike, I moved on to the normal leg exercises, and Kevin my physical therapist was super impressed with how well I could straighten my leg and how much I could flex my quad (I know, I know.........I'm pretty much the cat's pajamas). Plus the view from the exercise bike was pretty. If you're going to rehab an injury, I guess paradise is the place to do it.

It really doesn't sound like a huge deal, but I have been busting my ass since my last appointment, making sure that I do all the exercises that I'm supposed to do at home, and it was cool to see that I am actually making progress. This is especially nice since the workouts are SO. FREAKING. MONOTONOUS. Holy crap. Straighten the leg with weights, stretch with the band (straight and bent knee), quad stretches, leg lifts (front, side back), lather rinse and repeat. But they're clearly working, so I just gotta keep on keepin' on.

2. I went ALL DAY without my crutches! Whaaaaaaaaaaaat. I still have a lot of work to do when it comes to walking (walk with a limp like an old school pimp a real O.GEEEEEE.....anyone? Anyone??) but it was so satisfying to blend in with the crowd. Society is so focused on standing out, but I can't even express how much I just want to feel invisible for a bit. Today was glorious. No pity looks, no questions, nothing. SO. WONDERFUL. I'm sore as shit and my hip hurts like a bitch, but it was totally worth it. AAAAHHHH words can't even express how stoked I am. No brace, no crutches, just a normal girl cruising around minding her own business. LOVE IT. 

3. I got a part-time job at a coffee shop downtown. I start in a couple weeks. Its not much, but it'll be nice to have some sort of income while I look for something else. Hooray!

4. I got a free drink from Starbucks today. Win.

All in all, I am a super sore but happy panda. :)


Made this bike my bitch today. Not a big deal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment