Saturday, March 29, 2014

Saturday Thoughts Vol. 2

As of right this second, Saturday Thoughts is going to be a thing. So here are some of my thoughts from the past week!

1. DREAMS 
I had such a weird dream last night. I don't know the exact context of the first bit, but it involved a video of me posing for a picture with a shark, and in the background of the video a shark almost attacked me but someone's hand blocked it. I remember dream Hannah being like "wow, I can't wait to show this to everyone". In the second part of the dream, I was with the Secret Service helping to protect the President, and at one point we were in this room and this girl started taking pictures and was like "now I have photographic evidence that the President was with Russian prostitutes", so I punched her in the face and stole the camera. Clearly, I have been watching too much "House of Cards". I don't know how to explain the sharks though.

2. FLIGHT 370 
WHERE THE HELL IS THIS PLANE?!?! I don't know why, but I am obsessed with finding it. I think its because I just can't wrap my head around the fact that its just gone. I mean, everyone always bitches about how much the governments of different countries are always getting in everyone's business, and yet nobody can find this goddamn aircraft. Until proven otherwise, I'm convinced that we're actually in an episode of The Twilight Zone. Its just so weird to me that if the technology exists to find an iPhone almost anywhere, finding a plane should be cake.

3. FLYING 
Speaking of airplanes, I am so not excited for all of the flying that is in my near future. In 6 days I fly back to Arizona, and then 5 days after that I fly to Portland. Missing airplanes aside, I am not a huge fan of flying. I think I might do a post dedicated to the weirdest flights that I've had.

4. MERMAIDS 
The other night, I watched (well, sort of. I slept through part of it) a thing on Animal Planet called "Mermaids: The Body Found". The idea behind it is that the sonar testing the Navy is doing in the oceans are disrupting a form of marine life that was previously undiscovered, and some scientists are claiming that they're mermaids. I mean, the thing is clearly a hoax (the point of it was for people to focus on the negative impact of sonar testing on the whale population), but it did get me thinking. I hope that mermaids are real, but I hope that they look like Ariel, and not how they looked in this thing, because they looked like the creature from the Black Lagoon.
Mermaids: The Body Found 






5. DOLORES UMBRIDGE 
I'm reading the Harry Potter series again for the first time in a couple of years, and I'm on "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix". Holy crap, I forgot how terrible Dolores Umbridge is in the book. Don't get me wrong, she's awful in the movie, but in the book she is just so hateful! Ugh, she just makes me so angry, and I can't wait until I get to the part of the book where she gets what's coming to her in the Forbidden Forest. What a bitch. I would also like to add that this book is probably my least favorite in the entire series. 

6. PIA FARRENKOPF
Jesus H. Christ on a bicycle, this is pretty high up there in creepiest things that I have ever read. If you're too lazy to read the whole thing, its about a lady who died in the backseat of her car in 2009 (the car was in the garage) AND NOBODY KNEW ABOUT IT UNTIL THEY FOUND HER BODY LAST MONTH. Yeah, you read this right. This woman was dead in her garage for FIVE YEARS and nobody had a clue. She had no close friends or family, her neighbors all thought she was traveling for work (so they spent five years maintaining her lawn, WTF), she had left her job so nobody was expecting her there, and all of her bills were auto-pay, so nobody knew that anything was wrong until her money ran out and the bank foreclosed on her house and the house was like OH SURPRISE HERE SHE IS. Ew. Guys, this is why its really important to have a least one real life friend who will notice if they don't hear from you, even if you are still paying your bills on time. I just can't believe that not a single person was like "yo I haven't seen Pia in a minute. I should call her and catch up". Yikes. 

8. VACCINES 
Parents who refuse to get their kids vaccinated because they think vaccines cause autism make me SO ANGRY. Especially with the outbreak of measles in California. Guys, come on. The scientist who initially made the claims linking vaccinations to childhood autism retracted his statement. Go and get your stupid kids vaccinated. Think of the other kids! Its really really mean, but if you don't get your kid vaccinated, that's your business. But don't put a bunch of other little kids in danger. Ugh. I can't. This is so frustrating. 



No comments:

Post a Comment